Executive Managing Director Phil McCarthy, with his partner Keith Foery, co-manages Transwestern's Mid-Atlantic leadership team that is responsible for the overall strategy, recruitment, business development, and financial performance for the region. Phil and Keith also serve both local and national clients on behalf of Transwestern. Phil is a member of Transwestern's Executive Committee and serves on the firm's Board of Directors.
Phil began his career in commercial real estate in 1985. He has represented his clients in more than $5 billion in sales and leasing transactions.
Phil's clients have included: Fiserv, Inc., Coventry Healthcare, M&T Bank, TIAA-CREF, Boston Properties, The JBG Companies, Carr Properties, AEW , JP Morgan, Quadrangle Development, LCOR, Federal Realty Investment Trust, , American Realty Partners.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
SmartCEO Executive Management Award Winner - 2016
Phil's many community services have included the following organizations:
- Board of Directors, Technology Council of Maryland
- Chairman, Monsignor Smyth Endowment Board - Blessed Sacrament School
- Catholic Charities of Washington
- Gonzaga Fathers' Club Chair, Community Service Project
- Volunteer as CYO Soccer Coach
- NAIOP Maryland DC Chapter
- Connelly School of the Holy Child - CYO Basketball Tournament Sponsorship Chair
Phil received his Bachelor of Science degree in economics from Fairfield University.