January 01, 2018
Thank you for considering Transwestern in your job search. When applying online for jobs, we strongly encourage you to validate postings you see on Indeed, ZipRecruiter, Google for Jobs, or other third-party websites with our company’s Careers webpage to ensure authenticity. If you can't find the job on our Careers page, it may be a fraudulent posting.
These scams usually have one of more of the following characteristics:
- The perpetrator will not speak directly with you; all communication is conducted via email or chat.
- They will contact you via text, or by using a public domain email address (gmail.com, for example), instead of a legitimate company’s email domain such as @transwestern.com.
- They attempt to perform an online interview via common web services such as Google hangouts.
- They may impersonate a Transwestern team member during the process, and/or use Transwestern’s logo and branding to portray legitimacy.
- They may send a check, which is fraudulent, and ask you to deposit and wire the funds to another location for the purchase of home office equipment. (This is not consistent with Transwestern’s office equipment procurement procedures.)
If you have been contacted under these circumstances, please report the activity to Transwestern and the Internet Crime Complaint Center, which is a partnership with the Federal Bureau of investigation (FBI), the National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C), and the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BIA), at www.ic3.gov.