Larry P. Heard is chief executive officer of the Transwestern family of companies, which together comprise a diversified real estate operating, investment management and development organization. The privately held, fully integrated enterprise leverages competencies in office, industrial, retail, multifamily and healthcare to add value for investors, owners and occupiers of real estate.
Larry has been active in the commercial real estate business since 1981. He joined Transwestern in 1983 and was appointed president and chief executive officer of the firm in 2002. Larry and the senior management of Transwestern’s family of companies have led the firm’s expansion to 34 cities and more than 2100 team members and more than 343 million square feet of managed and leased properties. Through its development company, it has developed over 150 projects across the country with values exceeding $10 billion. Transwestern Investment Group currently has $4.5 billion of assets under management.
Larry was recognized nationally in 2016 by Real Estate Forum as a CRE Best Boss and an ELITE 70, which honors the most influential executives in the industry. In 2018, he was recognized locally by the Houston Business Journal in their inaugural Most Admired CEO awards. Larry was honored with the 2019 Founder’s Award from SEARCH, a nonprofit committed to breaking the cycle of poverty and homelessness in the Houston area.
Larry is an active member of the following organizations:
- Baylor College of Medicine, Trustee - Vice Chairman of the Board, Executive Committee Member
- Baylor University, Regent - Vice Chairman of the Board, Executive Committee Member
- Young Presidents Organization (YPO), Gold Member – Houston Chapter
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), former Executive Committee Member – Houston
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- Hankamer School of Business – Baylor University, former Advisory Board Member
- SEARCH Homeless Services, Co-Chair Capital Building Campaign, former Board Member
Larry received his BBA in finance from Baylor University. He and his wife Caroline reside in Houston and have three adult children.