Executive Managing Director, Walter Byrd and his partner Ben Eisenberg oversee the Florida operations for Transwestern. Consistently recognized as a Top Producer in South Florida, Walter and his partners Ben and Thomas Kresse have represented some of the largest corporate users in the market, have leased properties on behalf of many major institutional owners, and have helped clients purchase and sell real estate assets. Walter, together with his Midwest counterpart, guides Transwestern’s National Industrial Practice, ensuring connectivity for clients and business pursuits. He has also served on the Transwestern Board of Directors since 2008.
Walter has 28 years of commercial real estate experience where he has represented some of the leading international freight and logistics companies and institutional owners in South Florida, as well as major industrial and office space users. He has completed more than 20.0 million square feet of leases and 4.0 million square feet of sales.
Prior to joining Transwestern, Walter was a senior vice president in the South Florida office of Trammell Crow Company. Along with Ben and Thomas, he was responsible for strategic business development for all aspects of industrial and office real estate services including brokerage, capital markets, investment sales, and corporate tenant representation. Before joining Trammell Crow, Walter was a senior director in the South Florida office of Cushman & Wakefield. He and his partners were regularly ranked as top producers nationally while with those firms.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
Walter and his team are recognized regularly as top real estate professionals in South Florida and nationally:
• 2015 “Top US Industrial Brokerage Team” by Real Estate Forum
• 2015 “Founders Award” by Transwestern
• 2011 “Top 100 Power Leaders” of the Miami-Dade business community by the South Florida Business Journal
• 2011 “Top Dealmakers” for the industrial category by the Daily Business Review
• 2010 “Florida Producers of the Year” for Transwestern
• CoStar “Power Broker” based on top annual transaction volume, 2004-2010
• 2007 Transwestern “Newcomer of the Year” for superior production during first year with the firm
• “Real Estate Deal of the Year” by the South Florida Business Journal for the 2003 headquarters relocation of Crispin Porter + Bogusky
Walter is a trusted, go-to source for the media in providing current market information and real estate trends. He is on the advisory board for the Center of Real Estate Studies for the University of Florida and is active with the Urban Land Institute.
Walter holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Florida.