Scott Richardson has been with Transwestern for 18 years. As director of engineering for the Mid-Atlantic region, Scott leads the Transwestern Regional Engineering Committee, which manages all day-to-day engineering operations, technical support, quality assurance and compliance, training and career development, capital improvement projects, and annual budgets at all Transwestern-managed properties in the region.
Scott joined Transwestern in 1999 and has more than 24 years of experience in the engineering field. He began his career as an electrician with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers for the first seven years of his career and then moved to the Hines Company, where he served as a building engineer in a large commercial office building in downtown Washington, D.C.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
• Transwestern Mid-Atlantic Legendary Service Award – 2012
• Transwestern Mid-Atlantic Team of the Year – 2009
• Transwestern Mid-Atlantic Engineer of the Year – 2005
• Transwestern Mid-Atlantic Award of Excellence – 2009
• Leadership Role for Property with Highest Kingsley Tenant Satisfaction Rating in Portfolio – 2010
• Leadership Role in Transwestern Mid-Atlantic ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – 2004
• BOMA Building of the Year – 2004
• BOMA Award of Excellence – 2002
• Association of Energy Engineers – Certified Energy Manager (CEM) and Certified Energy Auditor (CEA)
• Building Owners and Managers Institute – Facilities Management Administrator (FMA), a Systems Maintenance Administrator (SMA) and Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT)
• 3rd Class Steam License in Washington, D.C.; NIULPE 1st Class Engineering License
• Universal CFC Certification; OSHA 10-Hour Certification; CPR and AED Certified
• Completed a 5-year electrician’s apprenticeship with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local Union 26