Paul serves as a senior GIS analyst, primarily supporting the Retail Services group of Transwestern's Chicago office. He has over 13 years of experience in the GIS field and is an expert at dealing with brokers and clients to identify the perfect site.
Using ESRI's ArcGIS and Business Analyst software, he is focused on providing detailed maps and demographic information to assist in the site selection process. This suite of software gives him the ability to provide:
- market overview maps to show the competitive landscape and highlight areas of opportunity
- aerial photos of individual trade areas showing specific retail sites and all adjacent retailers
- demographic maps based on hundreds of different demographic variables
- drive time analysis of existing or potential sites
- psychographic data on potential customers
Prior to joining Transwestern, Paul spent four years working at the Chicago Tribune creating maps for marketing and sales collateral, advertorial sections, and internal planning purposes with the goal of increasing newspaper revenue and readership. Previous to that, he worked at Encyclopaedia Britannica, producing maps for various print and on-line products, including books, websites, and CD-ROMs.
Paul received his Bachelor of Arts degree in geography from the University of Colorado at Boulder, and his Master of Science degree in Geography from the University of South Carolina.