Nihar serves as a Partner in Transwestern Development Company’s Washington office, overseeing the Mid-Atlantic region. He is responsible for the financial health and execution of development projects, sourcing new deals, and structuring capital.
Nihar has sourced over $800 million of product in the region in addition to leading the development, management of sales and leasing operations and the dispositions of more than 3.8 million square feet of real estate across mixed-use, hospitality, multifamily, condominium and townhome product types valued at over $1.5 billion across 15 different projects and delivering over 2,300 units of housing in the area.
Nihar started his foray into the industry by working in project management for general contractors, where he managed the construction of data centers, government facilities and mixed-use apartment communities.
He is a United States Air Force veteran and separated as a Captain after serving in Operation Iraqi and Enduring Freedom.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
- Transwestern’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Program – National Training/Education Committee member (2019-2022)
- Urban Land Institute Americas, Community Development Council – Black Flight, Member (2019 – Present)
- Urban Land Institute Washington, Local Housing Product Council, Co-Chair (2018 – Present)
- DCBIA – Public Policy Committee and Housing Committee, Member (2016 – Present)
- Federal City Council, Emerging Leader (2023)
Nihar earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Boston University and a Master of Business Administration from the McDonough School of Business at Georgetown University.