Karla currently manages and supervises over 2.5 million square feet of office property and personally manages 700,000 square feet. Her responsibilities include hiring, supervision of employees, review of monthly reports, budgets, and contracts to ensure all properties are staying within budgeted parameters, working with onsite staff to create value enhancement programs, quarterly property inspections, ongoing efforts to meet client expectations, and supervision of all construction projects.
Karla has over 25 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry and joined Transwestern in 1998. She has managed over one million square feet for owners such as KBS Realty Advisors, Broadreach Capital Partners, Balcor, Archon, Devon Properties and Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
Karla is a member of the following organizations:
- Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) past board of directors member
Karla has received the following awards:
- Archon Achievement Award for Excellence in Property Management- 2000
- Management Employee of the Year- 2000
- Building Team of the Year- 2000
- Legendary Service Award- 2001
- Management Services Employee of the Year- 2004
- Engagement of the Year- 2007
- Client Relations- 2007
- Team of the Year - 2014
Karla received her Bachelor of Science degree in marketing from the University of Wyoming. She is a licensed real estate broker in the state of Colorado, a Certified Property Manager (CPM®), and was designated LEED® AP in 2008. She has been a Real Property Administrator (RPA) since 1993. Karla also earned her CAM designation in 2016.