As Senior Vice President at Transwestern, Steve focuses on assisting governmental agencies, cities and counties with real estate strategies, issues, opportunities and transactions. Working from the Walnut Creek office, Steve teams with other Transwestern agents as necessary to ensure that clients receive a full array of real estate services and expertise.
Steve’s career includes extensive public the private sector real estate experience. Steve sold real estate while in college and since graduation in 1977, his experience has included real estate appraisal, corporate real estate and facilities, property management, commercial real estate brokerage and consulting. Employers included Continental Insurance, American International Group (AIG) and Grubb & Ellis. In 1998, Steve shifted to the public sector as a Senior Real Estate Negotiator for the San Jose Redevelopment Agency, where he was promoted to Manager, Downtown Development and Implementation. In 2002, Steve began a nine-year stint as the Community & Economic Development Director for the City of Richmond and Executive Director of the Richmond Redevelopment Agency. From 2011 to 2017 Steve served two cities, Hercules and then Antioch, as City Manager before taking his public sector retirement in 2017 and joining Transwestern.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
• Board of Directors, Contra Costa Economic Partnership, 2002–2011 and 2014-2017
• National Park Service Recognition for contributions to the Rosie the Riveter/WWII Homefront National Historic Park, 2011
• Certificate of Congressional Recognition, City of Richmond, Community Builder 2008
• Real Property Administrator (RPA) designation earned from the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA)
• Master of Corporate Real Estate w/Honors (MCRh) earned from CoreNet
• Senior Leader in Corporate Real Estate (SLCR) designation earned from CoreNet
• Wall Street Journal Award, Outstanding Business Student, Contra Costa College 1975
M.B.A., Management, Golden Gate University, 1994
B.S., Business Administration, Real Estate Option, Cal State Hayward, 1977
A.S., Real Estate, Contra Costa College, 1975