Richard Whitney is managing director of the Construction Management Services team in the Mid-Atlantic region's Washington, D.C., office. He specializes in all aspects of the construction management process from concept to completion, including tenant build-out, capital improvements and asset repositioning.
Richard began his career in the construction industry in 2000. He has served in a variety of roles including architect, contractor, project manager and project executive. Previously, he served as senior vice president of Project and Development Services at Cushman & Wakefield, vice president of Construction at Jones Lang LaSalle and assistant vice president of Construction at Spaulding & Slye.
Some of Richard's most prominent projects include:
- Interior fit-out of Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) National Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia - 500,000 square feet, $30 million
- Development of Il Palazzo Condominiums in Washington, D.C. - $32.5 million
- Complete repositioning of 1129 20th Street in Washington, D.C. - $23 million
- Complete repositioning of 1776 Eye Street in Washington, D.C., which included renovations to the main lobby, restroom, corridors, roof deck, spec suites and fitness center - $12 million
- National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) National Headquarters - 150,000 square feet,$16 million
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
Richard was the project manager of the interior fit-out of the TSA's National Headquarters, which won Mid-Atlantic Construction Magazine's Interior Fit-Out of the Year in 2007.
Richard holds a Bachelor of Architecture from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.