As Senior Managing Director of the Transwestern Walnut Creek East Bay and Silicon Valley offices, Ed manages a full service real estate operation with office, retail, industrial, medical, land investment, residential mixed-use land, multi-family, leasing and investment sales capabilities, construction, property management and project management. The Walnut Creek and San Jose offices now have 35 plus brokers, property management and staff.
Ed’s career spans 40 years in the real estate industry in the San Francisco Bay area. He originally started his career with Grubb & Ellis in 1977. Ed also worked in the development area with CYGNA Engineers and his own development company from 1983-1992. In 1999, Ed opened the Colliers Parrish International office in Walnut Creek, where he was instrumental in the growth and development of the transaction services and property management divisions. Ed was also a principal in a firm that developed residential and multi-family properties in San Francisco and East Bay. Ed’s background includes brokerage, property development (commercial/residential) and property management including, property entitlement and consulting services. Ed is a specialist in office leasing/sales, distressed properties, land sales, commercial/residential mixed-use downtown projects, medical leasing, securing project entitlements, real estate valuation, and has leased/sold over five million square feet of office, mixed-use residential and medical properties. Ed is a frequent speaker on real estate, business development topics, work force issues and downtown suburban/urban redevelopment trends.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
- Member of Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce; Board of Directors 2017-present
- Vice Chair, Economic Alliance for Business (EDA); Executive Committee member since 1994; Co-chair of Legislative & Endorsement Committee
- Board of Directors, East Bay Leadership Council/Contra Costa Council; Past President, 1989-1991; Past Vice President, 1983-1988; Co-Chair Transportation Task Force
- Member Bay Area Council, Co-Chair Transportation Task Force
- California Jobs & Housing Coalition Co-Chair, Exec. Board Member; Oakland, 2010-present
- Member of International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC); 1994-present
- I-Gate member 2012-present
- NAIOP member 2010-present
- California Technology Council Board Member 2014-2017
- Oakland and Concord Chambers of Commerce
- Chamber Music San Francisco Board Member 2014-present in Walnut Creek
- California Shakespeare Theater, Vice President 2005; Board of Directors 2002-2012
- Past President and BOD, Walnut Creek Library Foundation 2004-present
- Past Officer & Board Trustee of JFK University 2004-2009
Ed earned his bachelor’s degree in philosophy from Stanford University. He is a licensed California broker (LIC #00642167).