After 37 years as an owner of a precision machining and tool and die business, Ed sold his company and began a new career in the industrial real estate field. During his many years in business he was a member of The Tooling and Manufacturing Association, serving as its President. Ed was also a member of the Northwest Manufacturing Association and other trade groups.
Prior to Transwestern, Ed started at Epic/Savage Realty Partners in May 2003, made principal in 2007, and became an equity principal in 2009. His vast experience in the industrial arena has well prepared him to service clients in this segment of the real estate market.
Ed is an active member in his church in Itasca, serving on the board for many years and as its Congregational President and Chairman of Board of Elders.
He also served in the United States Marines for five years.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
• Illinois Broker Real Estate License
• Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR)
• Association of Industrial Real Estate Brokers (AIRE)
• Technology / Manufacturing Aligned (TMA)
• Biznet (O’Hare West networking group)
• 2003 “Rising Star Award” (Epic/Savage)
• 2005 Deal of the Year (Epic/Savage)
• 2006 Deal of the Year and Broker of the Year (Epic/Savage)
• 2009 Scott Nelson Award (Epic/Savage)
Ed attended University of Illinois and served an apprenticeship in Tool & Die.