Brad is currently the chief engineer for a portfolio of three building totaling over 500,000 square feet in downtown Washington, D.C. Brad is responsible for the day to day operations and maintenance and oversees construction and renovations with a staff of five engineers.
Prior to joining Transwestern in 2005, Brad served four years in the Navy, working shipboard in the main steam propulsion plant and then worked for 21 years in various operations and maintenance capacities for the State of Maryland.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
- 2008 AOBA Building of the ear.
- 2008 & 2013 Mid -Atlantic Region, Engineer of the Year.
- Earned the Energy Star award in 2009, 2010 and 2011 at 1899 L Street.
- Earned the Energy Star award in 2014 at 1250 I Street.
- Earned LEED: EBOM Gold in 2013 at 1250 I Street and 1800 K Street.
Brad has completed numerous IUOE courses and holds the following licenses and certifications; DC 1st Class Steam Engineer, DC 3rd Class Steam Boiler Engineer, Maryland 1st Grade Stationary Engineer, CFC Universal Certification and is a LEED® AP O+M.