As a Principal at Transwestern Dallas, Bill de la Chapelle is a broker in the Industrial Group and a member of the Tenant Advisory Services Group. He addresses the relationship of real estate to distribution center (DC) operations. Inventory analysis, product flow, space utilization and return on investment are key factors that Bill applies to lower DC costs.
Prior to joining Transwestern in 2008, Bill specialized in tenant representation services at The Staubach Company. He also served as president of a Dallas-based wholesale parts distribution company that designed and sold warehouse storage systems for over 15 million square feet of industrial space located throughout 18 states. Bill also worked as a commercial loan officer at a predecessor to Bank of America. His recent transactions include:
• Craftmade International – 378,000 SF. Sale/leaseback of corporate office warehouse. Secured twelve (12) offers to achieve a 7.5% cap rate.
• Airgas Safety Products – 289,750 SF. Provided tenant representation to secure over $1,000,000 in rental savings for a ten year lease renewal.
• Ed Tucker Distributor, Inc. – 240,500 SF. Completed 5-year renewal of long-term facility with above-market tenant improvement allowance and modified lease expiration to conform to business cycle.
• Tandy Leather Factory – 191,000 SF. Initiated and closed the acquisition of a new corporate headquarters and distribution center in Fort Worth, Texas. Purchase included additional land for expansion plus mineral rights at a price significantly below replacement cost.
• A&R Logistics, Inc. – 154,550 SF. Completed Fort Worth relocation from Class C to Class A distribution center at a lower rental rate, with a fixed price expansion option and rail access.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATION / RECOGNITION
Bill is a director of the North Texas Commercial Association of Realtors (NTCAR) and a member of Bill Glass Prison Ministry. He was a Top Producer at Transwestern from 2010 to 2012 and a D-CEO Magazine Power Broker in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2015.
Master of Business Administration - University of Houston
Bachelor of Business Administration - Baylor University